Thursday, October 15, 2009

Material Engineering

Assalamualaikum

I haven't done anything today. Just watching television. It is an headache to think, my design may be good, yet is there any suitable material?

Come to think of it, I don't have sound fundamental on materials. Fundamental needed are knowledge in solid mechanics, properties and suitable method of treatment. Without proper knowledge on this, it is doubtful for my rifles to withstand high pressure during firing if attempt for lighter rifle with standard material is made. Even 9mm Parabellum used in pistol exert pressure about 235 MPa during firing and we are talking about .50!

Another question need to be answered, what standard should I used in confirming durability of finished products? Should I used API/ASME?

I am taking rest from thinking about it today. I surfing the net looking for places offering INSEP. If there are courses more interesting from welding engineering, then I will try it. Oh, it seems Pahang Skill Development Center offer course on PCI for 10 months.

Surfing around....then I remembered. USM offered MSc. (Material Engineering) by mixed mode. It would be relevent taking this course to complete my proposal. I have check its requirement.
Any degree in Engineering with GPA at least 2.75. Great!!

I have decided, I will pursuit my master degree in Material Engineering instead of Chemical Engineering. It is not odd, if I involved in PD, I can use current knowledge of reactions and separations for flow diagram, while knowledge of material will guide in selection for material of construction. I should be able to adapt fundamental knowledge with current trend of technology.

UKM have the same course, by coursework. MSc. (Mechanical-Material). But, most of subject involving material is an electives, not core modules...

Mutiara kata:
Fundamental been taught
Advancement been thought

More to come...

2 comments:

  1. Susah woo..

    Nk design rifle, xtau psl material

    Kalo ak amik material dulu, dlm dua thn setel arr, Insya Allah

    Master n PhD, hehehehe

    ReplyDelete

Lagu